01. BEFORE Waxing – Advice
West End Beauty recommend following the below basic, BEFORE WAXING ADVICE to achieve optimal results from your treatment.
- If you are taking any the following medication you may be unsuitable for a waxing treatment and/or must wait a period of time for the medication to leave your body :- Retin-A, Accutane, Blood Thinners, Cortisone, Acne Medication or any other Exfoliates or Alpha Hydroxy based products, tetracycline, Salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, as these are some of the ingredients we are aware of, please check with your GP on waxing and the medication you are taking.
- Use a body exfoliator (which we stock and love at WEW), whether it be intimate waxing or another area of the body, 8 hours before your treatment to help release any ingrown hairs, allowing us to wax them away.
- Wear loose clothing when coming for an intimate wax to avoid clothing rubbing against the area.
- Allow your hair to grow out for around 3-4 weeks growth, if it’s too short we will know and want you to receive the best results so please try and leave it to grow before coming to your appointment.
- If you are menstruating and worried about coming for your treatment, please do not worry. As long as you are wearing a tampon we can still wax your intimate bits and pieces, we are professionals and know when you need your waxing…you NEED your waxing.
- Do not go for a spray tan and then come in to get your body waxed, you will be just wasting a perfectly gorgeous tan as it will wax it off.
- Do not try to trim the area before your wax as you may cut it too short, we can do that for you.
- While we aim to have an ‘aw rather than arghhh’ effect during your treatment, sometimes we have Clients who are a little more sensitive than others, so maybe beneficial for you to pop a paracetamol or two just 20 minutes before your treatment.
02. Waxing – AFTERCARE
West End Beauty recommend following the below WAXING AFTERCARE ADVICE to ensure you get the most from your treatment.
Please be aware that there may be some bumps and redness and slight soreness after a wax treatment but these are perfectly normal symptoms, and should reduce within 24-48 hours after treatment.
However, if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us on 0141 237 1778
The area needs to be kept clean and avoid heat and friction, which means:
- No hot showers/baths for 24 hours
- No Saunas/Steam Rooms for 24 hours
- No swimming in chlorinated pools
- No perfumed products to be applied for 24 hours
- No Spray tan products to be applied for 24 hours
- No Sunbeds for 24 hours
- No gym or strenuous work outs (sweating could block the pores which are open after your treatment and risks bacteria getting into the pores)
- No scratching or touching the area with unwashed hands
- No exfoliation scrubs/products to be used in the area until 3 days after wax and then again every 3 days in-between (over exfoliation could actually cause in-grown hairs)
- NO shaving in-between treatments as this can change the hair growth rates and you will not benefit from your treatment
03. REGROWTH – Advice
Our salon advises our clients also take note and follow the below REGROWTH ADVICE.
- After your wax you may experience a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. This is because it can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to all grow at the same stages, as our hairs have a growth cycle.
- Please do not shave in-between your treatments as this can interfere with the growth cycle we are trying to achieve with your waxing and you may find you will have hairs growing at different stages.
- We recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks to maintain your soft, smooth appearance.